The position of social worker at
BBSC is one of love.
I see my role for students as:-
- To support, encourage, share and build relationships between students, teachers and community.
- Highlight and develop students' strengths for their social and education well being.
- Advocate for and empower students to work towards fulfilling their potential.
- Offer socio-emotional support in a way that meets the individual needs of the students.
- Highlight risk factors impacting students' profess at school and refer these students to the many support networks BBSC offers.
- Valuing each and every student to increase a sense of belonging and individually by providing a safe space for students to have a chat and voice any concerns they have.
- Encouraging participation in school life by offering alternative activities such as garden club and sports.
- Work respectfully and exclusively with cultural difference and diversity.