Gudamulli (Hello), Jack is a proud Darumbal Man and since high school he's been rediscovering his Aboriginal heritage. He understands how much identity means to students of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Descent and it's importance to the success of a young person. I was lucky to find my passion early on in life which is supporting young Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and connecting them in with their communities and helping them find their identity and embrace their culture.
As a Community Engagement Officer at BBSC, Jack's aim is to -
- To advocate for students, negotiate relevant support for academicc, social and/or emotional development.
- Provide educational counselling and support services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students
- Liaise with parents/caregivers of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students
- Provide information to the school community about Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Social and Cultural perspectives.
- Participate in the development of activities, in and out of school, likely to enhance the involvement in education of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Students and their families.
To contact the Community Engagement Officer - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander officer, please call 3893 561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org