Brisbane Bayside State College offers many opportunities for students to be active participants through cultural, sporting and academic pursuits. It is through these extra-curricular activities that students develop a deeper connection to our school and their community. Some of the ways students can be active participants in the life of our college include:
- academic competitions such as the Readers' Cup, science and maths competitions
- student tutorial program
- instrumental music program
- school musicals and productions
- student representative council
- Bayside District interschool sports competition and Oz Tag Schools challenge
- ski trip.