Some students undertake vocational education and training courses while they are still at school. Vocational education and training (VET) is learning which is directly related to work. Courses are developed by industry to give people the knowledge and skills they need to work in a particular job. Achievement in these courses can also be recorded on the senior certificate.
Students at Brisbane Bayside State College can undertake vocational education and training at school:
- as part of their school studies
- by enrolling in a course at a registered training organisation
- as a school-based apprentice or trainee.
Students at Brisbane Bayside State College can undertake Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses in the following ways:
1. Brisbane Bayside State College as Registered Training Organisation (RTO #30458).
- Undertake a nationally recognised qualification offered by Brisbane Bayside State College as Registered Training Organisation (RTO 30458).
2. External RTO delivered at Brisbane Bayside State College
- Undertake a nationally recognised qualification offered onsite by an external RTO (see details below). These courses are undertaken at the school as per normal timetable arrangements.
3. External RTO delivered at External RTO premises.
- Undertake a nationally recognised qualification offered by an external RTO (see details below). These courses are undertaken at the external RTO location.
4. School Based Traineeship or Apprenticeship.
- Undertaken as a School Based Traineeship or Apprenticeship involving paid work and "on-the-job" training.
|1 – VET Courses offered by School RTO |
|FSK20119 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways||Brisbane Bayside State College RTO 30458|
|2 – VET Courses offered by External RTOs undertaken at School |
|BSB30120 Certificate III in Business||Binnacle Training RTO 31319|
|SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness||Binnacle Training RTO 31319|
|HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services*||Axiom College RTO 40489|
|AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation||Tactile Learning Centre Pty Ltd RTO 30922|
|10971NAT Certificate IV in Justice Studies||Unity College RTO 32123|
|CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction*||Adapt Education PTY LTD RTO 32452 |
|CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services*||ACCCO RTO 5404|
|MSL20118 Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement*||ABC Training and Consulting RTO 5800|
FBP20121 Certificate II in Food Processing*
TLI20421 Certificate II in Supply Chain Operations*
|Strategic Training Group RTO 31418|
|AVI30419 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)||Australian Unmanned Systems Academy RTO 45260|
|3 – VET Courses undertaken offsite with External RTO |
|4 – VET Courses undertaken as a School Based Traineeship or
(*Subject to minimum enrolment numbers).
To contact the Head of Department please call 3893 5393 or Industry Liaison Officer on 3893 5350.