The Sports Training Extension Pathway (STEP) program is designed to extend students in years 7 - 10 within a sporting context. Our aim at BBSC is to develop the abilities of our sporting athletes to be competitive from school to National level. Extending the practical and academic capabilities of our STEP students will contribute to the promotion of a positive sporting culture within the College. Students will build self-awareness of their individual capabilities as well as develop a strong body and strong mind.
Students will commence their studies with a focus on general fitness principles and be taught how to set and achieve goals with the support of an expert teaching staff. Studies will reflect the needs of adolescent athletes with access to specialist coaches and professionals to extend their knowledge.
- Excursions to elite sporting facilities for both physical and mental development
- Fitness testing and programs within the curriculum.
- Utilisation of sporting facilities within the College and Community.
- Access to quality Interschool sporting competitions in the Bayside District
- Specific teaching and mentoring for all interhouse carnivals and districts