Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) is everywhere. Our nourishment, our safety, our homes and neighbourhoods, our health, our jobs, our leisure are all profoundly shaped by technological innovation and the discoveries of science.
The STEM program at Brisbane Bayside State College is about developing student's creativity and thinking in the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Students will be involved in problem-based learning aimed at developing their skills in the areas of generating ideas, gathering and processing new knowledge, identifying issues, finding solutions and reflecting.
Our aim is to encourage students to pursue a STEM pathway in senior and to become part of the Australian STEM enterprise.
- STEM Horizons High Achiever Program
- Coding Club
- South Brisbane Science and Engineering Challenge
- SPARQ-Ed (Students Performing Advanced Research)
- Excursions (Forensics, Planetarium/Cosmodome)
- Big Science, ICAS Physics, Chemistry
- Biology Olympiads