New Requirements for close contacts:
- From 6pm on Thursday 28 April 2022, close contacts who do not have COVID-19 symptoms no longer need to quarantine.
- Students who are close contacts must notify their school that they are a close contact.
- For 7 days after becoming a close contact, students over the age of 12 must wear a face mask while outside of their home, including at school, and when outdoors if unable to physically distance. Queensland Health also recommends that children under the age of 12 wear a face mask when it is safe to do so.
- It is recommended that students undertake a rapid antigen test (RAT) on the first day they leave home, and every second day (e.g. days 2, 4, and 6) until they are no longer a close contact.
- Close contacts who develop COVID-19 symptoms must not attend school and should isolate until their symptoms resolve.
Sick bay enquiries should be directed to: Phone: 07 3893 5304 or 07 3893 5333 – select option 1
Student absences can be reported via:
Text: 0438 352 365
Phone: 07 3893 5366
Please provide the student's full name and year level, your name and relationship to the student and the reason and duration for the absence.
Parents/ Guardians should notify the school before 9am of their students absences via the above contacts.
An early leave pass or a late arrival notification for students can be organised via:
Text: 0438 352 365
Phone: 07 3893 5304, 38935366 or 07 3893 5333 – select option 1
Please provide the student's full name and year level, your name and the reason for the late arrival or early departure.
Early Leave Pass - It is preferred that a note from a parent detailing the reasons for a leave pass are to be dropped at SSR before the commencement of school. Alternatively, parents can call our leave pass line before 10:00am to allow the student to collect their leave passes at morning tea.
Late Pass - Students who are late to school need to report immediately to SSR with a note from their parents.
If no note or phone call is received by the time the student arrives, the students will see a deputy for a late note. All unapproved late students receive a detention.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents should not arrive to collect students from the office without prior arrangements being made using the leave pass procedure.
Students cannot be easily contacted in class and require a leave pass from Administration before a teacher will allow them to leave a class.